Thursday, August 8, 2013

August is Rolling On!

At the end of July, Becca went to a pool party for her friend Ella's birthday.  Can yo guess what the two girls bond over?  Thanks Trish (Ella's mom) for the picture.

Then there was the night I found this after putting Lia to bed.  The picture didn't turn out so well but George had hanged his blanket and giant caterpillar over the headboard and lined all his stuffed friends across the pillow.  Normally the remain in a pile at the foot of his bed.

George loves books, just like the bigger too!

Caught in the act!

After two years, we headed west to Winterset to see my folks.  Lia found the accommodations just fine.

The other three LOVED running around the yard, playing with the pets (they named a cat Jedi) and just hanging with Grandma and Grandpa.

We also took the time to meet up with my friend Hannah who just moved back from Australia.  Although I'm sad I didn't get to go visit her while she was there, I was very glad to meet her son Oliver.

 Becca, of course, asked to hold him and did a great job.


Lia love Oliver until I held him.  Then she wasn't so sure. 

 Lia has discovered a new way to communicate.  When Patrick blew a raspberry at me yesterday, she turned around to him, smiled, and blew one back!













School starts in less than two weeks and we've already started doing school stuff.  With the preschool/kindergarten picnic and pool party of Friday, the summer is really feeling over.  But, as Patrick and Becca go off the school, I'll still have George around until after Labor Day and then Lia and I will have to figure out what to do with each other.  We're still waiting for a buyer for the house but you don't want to hear about that source of frustration and stress.  I hope life is treating you well and we appreciate all the prayers and love you can send.

No comments:

Where Little Hats Play