Saturday, February 13, 2021

Mary's Turn in the ER

Once again, February takes a Hatton kid to the ER.  Yesterday, while messing around with George in the living room, Mary went down in the corner of our sectional couch.  I thought she hit her back so I hugged her rubbed her back.  When I pulled her back to see her face, I notice blood on the side of her head.  I moved her to the bathroom, pulled her hair up, and got my first good look at her ear.  She had managed to cut through the ridge of her right ear.  So we were off the Urgo.
Patrick stepped up as Scout and came with me to hold the paper towels to her head.  He also put himself in charge of texting Mike at home and keeping me sane.

After taking look at he cut, the staff at Urgo suggested that we go the ER for a better trained hand for the tricky stitching needed.  So off we went.  The bleeding was under control by this point and Mary calmed down.  She even managed to smile.

Patrick and I tried to get a picture of the cut on her ear and this is the best we got.  The ridge was cut clean through and there was a sizable scratch on the inside.

We were there for several hours but Mary was a champ.  We told her she could cry while we waited but when they were putting in the stitches, she'd need to hold as still as possible.  In total she got 4 stitches on her right ear, three on the ridge and one inside.  It is sore today and rather black and blue but that's not holding her back.  Wearing a mask might be interesting.


 















A big thank you to Patrick for being my ER buddy.  He said he didn't do anything but him just being with me was a huge help.  He missed his homework deadline so I hope his teachers understand.  And thank you to the ER staff who did a beautiful job sewing our girl back up, despite being a Michigan grad.

No comments:

Where Little Hats Play