Saturday, August 22, 2020

Confirmation At Last

Patrick was to be confirmed March 15th but the world shut down on March 14th.   Finally, on July 24th, the St. Patrick's class of 2020 were all confirmed and celebrated their graduation Mass.  I pulled out Patrick's 1st Communion banner and the stole Grandma Sullivan made for him sacrament dates embroidered on it.


I tried to look a little taller but it didn't work out for me.  Oh well, that's my life now.
Due to Covid regulations, only the parents and sponsors were allowed to attend.  Luckily we were able to sit right across the aisle from him.

Patrick sang the Psalm being the only 8th grader in the school choir.

Patrick asked Justin Cody to be his sponsor.  Here he is laying hands on Patrick as Father John anoints him with oil.

He's holy and a full member of the Church!

Patrick and Penelope allowed her mom to take a picture which she sent to me.  We are so grateful for her friendship this past year.

St. Patrick's School Class of 2020! 
Finally, a smile from my boy.

Thank you to all the other families in the class of 2020.  These kids have mostly been together since preschool and I have always enjoyed their craziness and big personalities.  God bless us all while we deal with high school.
 

No comments:

Where Little Hats Play