Monday, August 17, 2015

First Day of School 2015!

It's hard to believe that another year of school has begun.  Let's start with the tradition "in front of the door" shot.  Yes, Lia is holding her lunchbox.


Patrick is now in 4th grade.  Where has the time gone?

Becca started 2nd grade and is very tall.  She told me the teacher was impressed that she's reading An American Girl book.


The big news is George started Kindergarten!



And Miss Lia is telling everyone she's going to Mommy school.  I don't exactly know what that means but she's excited about it.


A couple of shots with St. Patrick.


Becca is ready to learn.

I told the young lady next to Patrick that she could elbow him a little if he was singing to himself.  Honest, he doesn't know he's doing it.
 

Outside the classroom and very excited.

George hesitated a little when Mrs. Nau asked him to answer "The Question of the Day".  He turned around and put his head in my shoulder.  Then I read him the question "Are you riding the bus home today?" and told he just needed to write his name under "yes" or "no".  He perked right up and went to work.

George at his desk.















I was good and didn't cry at all.  Then when I saw George's face at pick up, I realized how much I missed the little bugger in the few hours he was gone.  Everyone had a great first day and were very supportive of each other. Tomorrow will be a longer day and may be harder...for me anyway.

No comments:

Where Little Hats Play