Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Patrick's 7th Birthday

Let's start back before Christmas.  Patrick had been complaining of headaches after reading for 10 minutes.  Given the family history (everyone has glasses) I decided to get his eyes checked.  And guess what, he needed some!  They are just for reading but he looks pretty good in his specs.

2012 went out with a bang!  We headed into Peoria and took the kids skating.  George went out once and was done.  But Becca and Pat both spent most of the two hours on the ice.  Yes they fell, but they got back up and tried again.  I'm so proud of them.

Afterwards, we came home and enjoyed some light-saber-fighting ninja cake.  This has to be one of the best ideas I ever had.


The evening was concluded with our very light-saber-fighting ninja show.














I remember taking more pictures but I don't know what happened to them!  It's hard to believe Patrick is already 7 and yet I feel like he's always been with us.  The noise may bother me but I am grateful for this sweet, wondering, excitable boy who tells me he loves me every day.

No comments:

Where Little Hats Play