Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Tree Weekend

On Saturday, the Showalters joined us on our trip the Christmas tree farm to find a tree. First we gathered at our home for cinnamon rolls and presents.

The kids opened their presents and we happy to share...or they will be soon.



George just enjoyed ripping the paper.

Then we ventured out into the freezing rain to find our tree. First we rode a wagon pulled by a tractor which the kids loved.






After the tractor ride, Mike lead the troops in the hunt for the tree.


George was great, he didn't cry once. We didn't put him down at all either.

Becca and Emily hold hands.

This was our pick. We might have been more selective if the weather had been a bit nicer.

All the "older" kids took a turn cutting down the tree. Patrick got to go first.

Becca and Dad.

Pia's turn.

Now its Emily's turn.

The kids were able to help decorate it this year and they loved it!


Poor George was told to not touch a lot. He must remember because he's been really good since.

Here is the finished product. And despite our rush to pick, I think the tree turned out beautifully.

Then we got some shots of the kids with the tree.

What a ham!


I included George's new toys into the Nativity scene.

I failed to mention that George finally got a tooth in my last post. If you pull down his lip you can see the top of his first tooth and I think he's working on the one right next to it. He's dealing with the best he can and I'm proud of my little guy. He's also been working on walking. I don't remember when he took his first independent step but I think it was right after Thanksgiving. He doesn't trust himself to stay up by himself but otherwise he'd be good to go.
We're off to the Sullivan side of the family this weekend. We get to meet the newest members of the clan which I'm totally excited about. (Lauren, I get that baby for at least 5 minutes!) So come back next week for more pictures and I'm sure crazy stories from the Hattons.

No comments:

Where Little Hats Play